Golf Course Maintenance

A look at what, where, when and why we do the things we do to make the golf course a unique destination for our members and guests.



Saturday, October 31, 2009

Finally Fall!

Well Happy Halloween Members and Guests, I finally believe MotherNature is finally giving us a beautiful fall for this weekend and for next week, if you havent been out golfing, I am thinking Sunday is going to be great!!  Well Course conditions is getting better, the previous rainfall brought us 1.5" of rain and it just never seemed to stop on Thursday, causing us to be extremely wet on Friday and most of Saturday.  I have had to limit carts on paths for a few days, but this time of year is where we definitely can not afford any damage to the turf, mainly because is has slowed down to halt, so any damage we have now, will definitely be here in the spring. 

The driving range and practice holes have been heavily seeded once again, hopefully we will get a great stand of turf to give to you all this spring.  I would ask everyone to stay limited to cart paths only on the practice holes, it will definitely help out with the germination of the new grass, which I have seen alot of seed popping, but I know with the temps we are going to get next week it should be "just what the doctor ordered"!!

Well I hope November stays the same, but if not I am sure I will see ya out and about!!

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment