Golf Course Maintenance
A look at what, where, when and why we do the things we do to make the golf course a unique destination for our members and guests.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Snow!
Well in terms of the white fluffy stuff, we surely received enough in certain areas and others the wind literally blew most of it off areas where we were needing the additional moisture. The greens in particular was an area I had hoped to get some much needed moisture, especially on all of our knobs where we already started to see a change in turf color. We will normally look for a consistent browning in dormant times, but there has been some areas that have actually shown a little white ting coloring meaning the area is becoming droughty. If we dont recieve any additional snow in the short forecast, we might actually try piling snow on some of these areas to be able to melt slowly into the subsurface. I have never done it before, but like they say drastic times require drastic measures! It sure would beat having to get the sprayer out again during the winter to water. I will continue to post for any additional updates on course conditions, but I wouldnt be suprised if this snow lingers aorund for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment